Pre-Employment Transition Services (PETS)
Foundation for Successful Living has partnered with the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation to provide the "PETS" program. These services are provided to students with disabilities to further develop an awareness of career and education opportunities, the general skills needed for employment success in any field, and the skills needed to appropriately advocate for themselves as they prepare to exit secondary education and enter the workforce or other post-school activities.
The program focuses on 5 key elements:
- Job Exploration
- Counseling on Post Secondary Education
- Instruction in Self Advocacy
- Work Based Learning Experience- 160 hours of a paid internship
- Work Place Readiness Training
Students who are eligible:
- Between 15-21 years old
- Eligible for, and receiving, special education or related services (IEP)
- Individual with a disability, for purposes of Section 504
If you are interested in your young adult taking part in this program, please contact our Director of Supported Employment, Kam, at 719-433-5002. You can also contact the Department of Vocational Rehab.